Our Goal: To build a community of gatekeeper collaborators with specialized training modules that are adapatable for different audiences and easy to utilize.
The Alliance Project focuses on suicide prevention that is accessible for anyone, engaging in active learning strategies to improve skill development with retention, and to have collaborative conversations about individual community needs.
The curriculum is designed for those with or without previous mental health training.
The Alliance Project Prevention Training covers 5 essential steps to helping individuals who may be experiencing distress.
1. Identifying Distress
2. Breaking the Ice
3. Building Rapport
4. Sharing Information & Making a Plan
5. Follow Up
This training has been approved by the Mississippi Department of Mental Health for MS Educators K-12 for your suicide prevention training requirement every 2 years.
The Alliance Project Postvention Training covers essential components of implimenting postvention services after a death by suicide in a community.
1. What is a Crisis Response Team (CRT).
2. Who is on a CRT and what are the roles and responsibilities for those individuals.
3. How to prevent suicide contagion.
4. Identifying how to appropriately and safely memorialize those we have lost.
5. Establishing the importance of treating all deaths in the same manner within educational or other agency envrionments.
6. How to care for and support your team memebers that are providing support during postvention efforts.
7. Ethical considerations.
Suicide Prevention and Suicide Postvention Training Videos